Sunday, April 20, 2008

29 More Days

If you ask me, she's already there. I had a discussion with another mother last Thursday and she said if their 2's are not bad, then look out for the 3's. According to her truth, 3 will be just fine for our family.

What I know from my days as a therapist is that if their toddler days are horrid, then the teen years are smooth sailing. I don't gamble as a rule and not preparing for the teens is too huge a risk to take. So I will begin building my raft now for the stormy seas of adolescence.

Anyway, a few days ago, I posted a card that was my sketch for her birthday invite as part of a color inspiration. I swapped out the colors for something a little more girly, but did include a green so Daddy wouldn't freak out! Here it is:



I used Pretty Princess and All Year Cheer II to stamp the images. The base of the card is Blush Blossom. On top of that is Spring Flowers DSP (edge scalloped with a corner rounder), Mellow Moss, Groovy Guava and Very Vanilla. The tan paper is something random I had in a drawer. I stamped the cake in Black Stazon and adjusted the top of the cake to hold two candles. I then used my blender pen to color in the cake image with Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava, Mellow Moss and River Rock. Finally, I sponged Groovy Guava around the edge of the cake layer. The ribbon on the card is American Crafts Elements Uptown Khaki. The brads on the card are Making Memories pastel mini circles. Both the cake image and the "you're invited" sentiment are popped up on Dimensionals. (All products are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise listed.)

No comments: