Saturday, September 19, 2009

Some CAS, Some Not

Here are a couple of cards that I made for this month's Release week challenges for Verve Stamps. I was really only happy with these two, so I will only post these two. In all, there were five challenges. There was a sketch challenge (see below), two color challenges, a technique challenge and a supply challenge. This card is for the color challenge to include Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Dusty Durango and Taken with Teal.

This card was for the sketch challenge and I got into my Basic Grey Lemonade papers. I think, until now, I had just been hoarding them. Boy, I really like how this turned out. I wasn't sure about the black, but it really makes the other colors pop! The rest of the cards that I created for the challenge just didn't have that extra special feel. I'm pretty sure that was because I tried to crank them all out in two days.

I'll have to go back and fix up some of the other cards before I put them in my to-go basket! Stay tuned for more posts this weekend, I'm getting a little crafting time this afternoon and evening!! Woohoo!

Here are the details for each card:

Just Because:
Stamps: Fluttering By (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Taken With Teal, Razzleberry Lemonade dsp, Recollections Fall dp, ? SU dp in Old Olive
Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch, 3/4" circle punch, 1/2" circle punch
Techniques: CAS

Birthday Butterfly:
Stamps: Fluttering By (Verve), Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper: Basic Black, BG Lemonade
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Black grosgrain ribbon, M's self adhesive black pearls, stampin' dimensionals, Matchbox die

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

The black totally makes the DP pop right out! Fab cards!