Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sneaky Peek Apple

Hi there!  Today, I am sneaking in a shot at a new image and sentiment from Mark's Finest Papers.  This darling apple and sentiment are from a set called Lesson Learned to be released next week.  After playing with the Color Challenge Design Team at Splitcoaststampers for a whole month, I knew I had to play along with this week's challenge too.  The colors were Old Olive, Midnight Muse and Raspberry Ripple.  I didn't have Midnight Muse, so I substituted some Not Quite Navy.  I switched in some Rose Red for the Raspberry Ripple. I think it worked well.  For the little bit of sheen on my apple, I just sanded down my patterned paper.

We didn't have a great start to our day today.  We got a call from my BIL, who is a local police officer, and he warned us that one of our neighbors had been vehicle prowled during the night.  Sure enough, we had too.  We only lost a small flashlight, but the sense of violation is the worst.  Unfortunately, some of our other neighbors lost a substantial amount of property.  I hope the sheriff's department is swift in their identification of the prowler and recovery of our neighbor's stolen identification and property.

Sooooo, to correct the course of my day, I plan to do some crafting!!  Laundry, veggie picking and cleaning can wait a few hours.

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Lesson Learned (MFP); Paper: Whisper White, BG Basics White, Raspberry Tart dsp, Sweet Pea dsp, Patterns Pack dsp; Ink: Rose Red, Old Olive, Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, blender pen, paper snips, sanding block, corner chomper, stampin' dimensionals.

2 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Looooooooooove this!!! I love apple-themed cards and this is such a great CAS design with great papers!

Anne-Elise said...

Great CAS card, Toni! Love the pink apple!