Monday, July 8, 2013

Friends and One Color

Good Monday Morning!  I've just come off a long holiday weekend and I am ready to tell you all about the current Friends of Speedy TV challenge.  The challenge is to create a monochromatic card, a card with one hue.  I used browns on my card.  I created a shadowed square with some reverse masking and sponging.  Then I stamped and over stamped my cattails with two different tones of brown.  When I over stamped, I tried to be slightly off to create a three dimensional look.  I used a third brown to stamp my sentiment and finished off my card by rounding a couple of corners. 
 
Now let's not forget how generous Mark's Finest Papers can be and take a peek at today's prize set.  It's called From The Woods mini and features a darling winter image. 
That's all for this post!  Stay tuned for some more Mark's Finest goodness and some new images at that!
 
Thanks for stopping by and see you later.
 
Details - Stamps: Marsh Silhouettes (MFP); Paper: Very Vanilla; Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Early Espresso; Accessories: Nestabilities, post-it, sponge dauber, corner chomper.


3 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Stunning monochromatic card!

Janine said...

Lovely monochrome card - we were on the same wave-length!

Lisa Arana said...

gorgeous!