Monday, October 7, 2013

Friends and Anniversaries

Good Monday morning to you!  Today, I am here with a new Friends of Speedy TV challenge, an anniversary card!  I was really feeling the Fall season upon us and pulled colors to go with Fall from one of my favorite coffee cups.  I stamped the dotted ric rac image from Flamingos on Vacation and the sentiment from Winter Crocus.  When I had finished all my stamping, my card just needed a bit more.  That's when I dug out some neutral colored brads.  I used a couple different sized brads placed randomly around my sentiment to finish my card. 
Where I live, Fall is truly upon us!  My husband starting cleaning out the garden this weekend.  He cut some of the cornstalks and tied them up for the front door of our house and my mother-in-law's home next door.  I picked the rest of the apples from our tree, so that we could have them before the birds finish them.  The horses next door were thrilled to have the dozen or so apples that the birds had already started on.  This weekend was also the Festival of Family Farms.  Several farms in our community open up for tours and tastings and such one weekend a year.  It's all advertised and promoted.  My husband stopped by a farm less than 5 minutes from our home and tasted their wines with a friend.  This particular farm produces wines and apples.  A side product they also produce is honey from the bees they keep to pollinate their apples.  My hubby drug me back to get a bottle of wine and some honey.  We have heard that local honey is supposed to help with allergies.  My allergies were terrible this year and I am willing to try most anything. 
 
Enough about me, let's get back to Mark's Finest Papers!  One lucky participant in this week's Anniversary Card challenge will take home a great set, Lily of the Valley.  I adore the font in this set!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 
Details - Stamps: Flamingos on Vacation (MFP), Winter Crocus (MFP); Paper: Very Vanilla, Soft Suede; Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Soft Sky, Really Rust, More Mustard; Accessories: Heidi Swapp brads, stampin' dimensionals.


3 comments:

Marisa said...

Loving all the zigzag strips on the card. Sounds like a wonderful weekend celebrating farms :) I can just picture the horses gleefully eating the apples LOL! Fingers crossed the honey helps your allergies ((hugs))!

Janine said...

Lovely card and I have heard that about local honey too. I am conjuring up pictures in my mind of where you live!

Stampsnob. said...

Homey , like a warm blanket Lovely.......Lis