Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ten year old birthday invites!

I volunteered to make birthday invitations for the daughter of my daycare provider. As it turns out, I only made the samples because she came over to my house and made them herself. I hope it was a nice afternoon for her. I had a really nice time! She is having a "make over" birthday party where she and four friends get to go have make overs done. How fun is that? So she asked me if I had a stamp with lips on it. I e-mailed her the link from this card of mine. She liked it and so I worked up a sample for her.



I shamelessly cased or should I just say copied a card I saw on Angie Juda's blog. You can find it here. I used Angie's tutorial and it turned out beautiful. This is the card that my daycare provider liked best, but she submitted to the birthday girl-to-be.
Finally, this is a case of a card that I saw on SCS when browsing for ideas to get the birthday girl started. I used the lipstick/compact stamp from Haute Couture to go with her make over party theme. If I had it to do over again, I would insert a layer of Real Red between the Pink Passion base and the Whisper White layer.

Here are the specifics for the cards.

1) Paper: Whisper White, Regal Rose, Rose Red
Ink: Regal Rose, Rose Red
Stamps: Whimsical Alphabet Upper, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Hugs & Wishes
Accessories: Light Pink Sheer ribbon, Large oval punch, lipstick, unknown Clear EP
Tools: SAMJ, Heat tool

2) Paper: Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive
Stamps: Tart and Tangy, Hugs & Wishes
Accessories: Red ribbon from JoAnn's, Stampin' Dimensionals, Scallop punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, popsicle stick

3) Paper: Pink Passion, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Pink Passion, Real Red
Stamps: Pretty Princess, Haute Couture, Hugs & Wishes
Accessories: 5/8" Red Grosgrain ribbon, White grosgrain ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, Scallop punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, 1 1/4 " circle punch, two-way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, White Inkssentials pen

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: