Thursday, December 4, 2008

Look out...Double Embossing!

I can't tell you how much I enjoy and learn from Sharon Johnson and her blog, No Time to Stamp? I first learned of this technique from her. She explained a couple of ways to do this, but I just stamped my whole image in Versamark and then sprinkled on the black ep and then the silver ep. It looks quite technical, but really wasn't.

I made the card for the Featured Stamper 95 on SCS. My card is based VERY loosely off of this card. I noticed that Dawn, the featured stamper, tied quite a few ribbons across the tops of her cards and that often she left quite a bit of wide open space on her cards or used large layers. (See, I told you it was loosely based!)

I made a few changes. Here are the changes I made. I only used one layer of card stock. I layered my ribbons (organdy, grosgrain, cord). I embossed instead of water coloring. I added a sentiment to my card. I used white, black and silver instead of green, red and white.

I seem to be on quite an embossing kick lately. I think that it has to do with the Holiday season. You know, everything is shiny and sparkly.

Here are the details for my card:
Stamps: Dream Tree (Unity), Sentiments O'Simple
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black
Accessories: Black ep, Silver Tinsel ep, heat tool, Black organdy ribbon, Black grosgrain ribbon, Silver cord
Techniques: double embossing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: