Saturday, May 9, 2009

Unity is 1!!!

They threw an amazing week long party with challenges, games and prizes from Unity and Unity sponsors! These are my five challenge cards. This card was from a color challenge that Jennifer Buck issued and the colors were Kraft, Baja Breeze, Ruby Red and So Saffron. They were hard colors for me to use, but I did it. I tried to mimic Jen's style, but somehow it didn't work out as well for me! I guess that should teach me to enjoy other people's style and create in my own!

Christi Snow issued the next challenge in honor of Unity's "FIRST" birthday. The task was to create a card with F=Flowers, I=Insect, R=Ribbon, S=Scallops and T=Turquoise or Teal on it. I learned through the process of this challenge that the Basic Grey Urban Prairie line has lots of papers with little bugs on it. Crazy! I never noticed it before!!!
This next card comes from Maren Benedict's inspiration challenge! She linked us up to some amazing cake photos on Flickr. I wish that I had better photography skills or equipment to show the actual sparkle on the cupcakes. From what I read, that kind of sparkle is difficult to capture in photos, even for quite practiced crafters!
This next card was in response to Jeanne Streiff's challenge to create a one-layer birthday card! I busted out some of the speciality paper from my Taste of Textiles pack from SU!. It's quite pretty in real life. Again, the sheen and shimmer is hard to capture in a photo.
Finally, the last challenge posed by Jimmi Mayo was to use the first Unity stamp that you got on a card or project! I combined this challenge with the last sketch challenge for Stamps and Smiles for their May Release festivities. I will post the other three cards from those festivities later! I think that you can see the loads of glitter and sparkle on this card. I got the glitter dp in a RAK from Jennifer Buck, as well as the rhinestone brad in the one-layer card above! I think she would be surprised if she actually knew how much that I have used all the supplies that she has sent me!

Here are the details for each card:

Love card -
Stamps: Sentiments O'Simple (Unity)
Paper: Kraft, Ruby Red, Whisper White, SEI Granny's Kitchen dp
Ink: Timber Brown StazOn, Ruby Red
Accessories: ticket corner punch, So Saffron grosgrain ribbon glue dot, crystal effects

Enjoy card -
Stamps: Sentiments O' Simple (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Soft Sky, BG Urban Prairie dp
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: HPH, Black velvet ribbon, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, mini glue dots, stampin' dimensionals, sponge dauber
Techniques: sponging

Cupcake card -
Stamps: Mix Up Of Cuteness (Unity)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Print packs dsp
Ink: Timber Brown StazOn, Real Red, white craft ink
Accessories: 1 3/8" square punch, 1 1/4" square punch, large oval punch, small oval punch, 1/8" circle punch, white gel pen, Angel Wings Shimmerz, pink grosgrain ribbon, thin vanilla satin ribbon, SU texturz plates, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: embossing, paper piecing

Celebrate card -
Stamps: Linden Branch (Unity), Sentiments O' Simple (Unity)
Paper: Taste of Textiles (SU)
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: M's black satin ribbon, pretties kit brad, M's self-adhesive rhinestones, glue dots
Techniques: masking

Bling card -
Stamps: Have a Diva Day (Unity)
Paper: Real Red, My Mind's Eye dp
Ink: Stazon Timber Brown
Accessories: M's self adhesive rhinestones, Red Sharpie, Nestabilities, two-way glue pen, gold ultrafine glitter, red organdy ribbon, ticket corner punch, stampin' dimensionals

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: