Sunday, July 10, 2011

Some Flower Mojo

Did you see this Mojo Monday sketch?  Check it out here.  I seem to have a hard time with the double-ended banner thing-a-ma-bobs, so I just swapped them out.  I put some leaves in as a substitute.  I have seen Julee Tilman added the faux stitching on her leaves and it just looked super cute, so I took my cue from her there.  Seriously though, the biggest mystery here is why all of the orange?  I have no idea what possessed me, I was just feeling some orange!  I like it though, especially with those hot pink flowers!
In the home front news, we spent just about the whole day outside doing some badly needed yard work.  We reclaimed the corn patch from the weeds and the raspberries from the volunteer plum starts.  That meant that we got to see the neighbors loading a moving truck all day.  We weren't really close with our neighbors, but they were certainly good neighbors.  They are having to move do to the economy and his inability to find work here.  It's so sad and makes me very grateful that we have remained intact in the face of such a terrible economic state.
Sorry for the downer news!  Thanks for stopping by anyway!

Details - Stamps: Bloom & Grow (Verve); Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Pawsitively Prints dsp; Ink: Early Espresso, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose; Accessories: Elegant Leaves die (Verve), paper snips, scallop border punch, MAMBI rhinestones, stampin' dimensionals, corner chomper.

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

love the organge with pink--gorgeous card! so sorry about your neighbors--its getting scary out there...

Anonymous said...

orange, pink and green oh my. LOVE it.

lisa a.

Benzi said...

Very, very pretty! I love orange and try to use it more. The faux stitching looks super on those leaves.