Monday, October 24, 2011

Friends of Speedy Halloween or Harvest

This is my sample card for this week's Friends of Speedy TV challenge to make a Halloween or Harvest card.  I chose to make a harvest themed card.  I took the Greet the Day with Gerber stamp set and tried my very best to make them look like Mums.  My favorite Chrysanthemum is the rust colored type.  I adore them as they are just the perfect color for Fall.  For these flowers, I embossed with gold embossing powder and painted them with my ink and aqua painter.  It was quite fun and I got a few colors on the petals.  I also wanted to include a Hope You Can Cling To challenge as Mark's Finest Papers is sponsoring this great Splitcoast event.  This card is for Libby's Paint Your Heart Out challenge.  I'm thinking I qualify as I painted with my aqua painter.  I love doing that after I have embossed as the image then contains the paint for me.

I hope you stop by Speedy TV and play along.  Thanks for coming by and have a great day!

Details - Stamps: Greet the Day With Gerber (MFP); Paper: Watercolor paper, Soft Suede, Patterns Pack III; Ink: Versamark, Ruby Red, Really Rust, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Early Espresso; Accessories: Gold ep, heat tool, Nestabilities, aqua painter, stampin' dimensionals.

No comments: