Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Such a Sweet Boat

Isn't this a sweet little boat?  When I saw the colors from the current Touch Twin Marker challenge (Frost Blue, Mint Blue, Terra Cotta and Mahogany), I knew I would be finding a boy image to color!  When I saw the first sketch for October's Viva La Verve, it clicked.  I used the little boat to fit inside the circle and away I went.

The card is pretty simple in design.  I don't happen to have any Touch Twin Markers just yet, so I substituted some colors for what I do have.  I ended up using Soft Sky, Pool Party, Really Rust and Chocolate with a blender pen to make it all work.

Thanks for stopping by!
Details - Stamps: Text Objects (Verve); Paper:Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Afternoon Tea dsp; Ink: Soft Sky, Pool Party, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip; Accessories:Tiny Bubbles ef, scallop edge punch, thin chocolate satin ribbon, scor-tape, Kaisercraft chocolate pearls, stampin' dimensionals, circle punches. 

2 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

One of my favorite little sailboats Toni!! This is adorable! Love the boy papers you used, and the wonderful texture!! Darling!

Cindy Lou said...

This is such a sweet card! I love how every layer is backed with black, it just makes everything pop! and yet, the card still comes off as simple. Your sailboat is too cute ;)