Sunday, November 27, 2011

Trading Rain for Snow?

I am willing to trade today's rain for snow.  We had snow a couple of weeks ago, but I want the kind of snow that comes in heavy and blankets the ground.  We have had some really gusty winds today with our rain and that makes me worry about losing power.  I just have this feeling, so I got my stock and rice going early this morning to make sure all I would have to do is just combine everything in a pot on the wood stove for tonight.  My daughter is watching her cartoons this morning and we'll read and craft later this afternoon.  My girl likes to get crafty any chance she gets.  Her teacher told me about the homework for this week and I know she will be in Heaven.  The kids in her class get to decorate giant paper gingerbread men.  She will be itching to raid Mommy's craft room for this look.  Look out glitter!

Anyway, this snowy card is another one of my mini VSN cards from earlier this month.  Anita challenged crafter's to create your own snow.  I used some flocking on this one.  That stuff gets everywhere, argh!

Hope you long weekend has been wonderful!  Thanks for coming by.

Details - Stamps: Solemn Stillness, Occasional Quotes; Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede, BG Mistletoe and Pear; Ink: Versamark, Always Artichoke; Accessories: White Fun Flock, Alen's glue, May Arts ribbon, scor-tape, glue dot.

No comments: