Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sew Beautiful

"Sew Beautiful" is the name of today's Ways To Use It challenge hostessed by the fabulous Hannah!  She has challenged us to use stitching on our cards.  With preparation for my hubby's big trip, I have been busy and now am tired.  As much as I wanted to hand stitch these cute little papers together, I went faux!  I normally do white stitching, but went with black today.  I really like the look of the black mats and accents.  I'm not sure why I don't think to do it more, but I think I will be trying from here on out.  It really seems to pop.  Speaking of popping, the head of the flower is popped up off my page.  I realize it's hard to tell, but that isn't shading around the blossom, it is shadow.  I also glitzed up my flower center with some yellow Stickles today too.

I borrowed today's sketch from the ladies at the My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club.   I took a little artistic license and moved my blossom in a bit to work with my image. 

It's chilly today so this little flower gives me hope for a nice warm spring.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Details - Stamps: Time To Blossom (Verve); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, BG Perhaps, BG Eskimo Kisses; Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Copic markers, yellow stickles, M's rhinestones, black grosgrain, stampin' dimensionals, paper snips.

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! Love the pinks and greens.