Thursday, March 1, 2012

Seven Years

That's right!  It's been seven years of the Ways To Use It challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  Today, we celebrate as our fearless leader, Michelle, offers up denim or jeans as today's theme.  I inked up this little Pure Innocence cutie after I located the patterned paper in the background that looked like denim to me.  I paper pieced her pants, top and shoes.  I colored her hair and skin (don't look too closely, I am a beginner colorer).  I am really pleased with my button find.  I like that I was able to work the denim color in there too!!  I nabbed a My Favorite Things sketch  to get going and used up a rejected piece of embossed card stock that was just sitting on my crafting table. 
Hope you have time to play along! 

A little aside...we are almost to the weekend folks.  I survived Family Fun Night and a Parent Advisory Committee.  I sure am ready for it, are you?  Hang on and it will be here soon!

Thanks for stopping by. 

Details - Stamps: Being Cute Is What I Do (MFT), Because You're Special (MFT); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, PC Slab V; Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Copic Markers, Branches With Leaves #2 ef, random button, white baker's twine, glue dots, stampin' dimensionals. 

2 comments:

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Very sweet card - definitely looks like denim ;)

ChristineCreations said...

She looks so cute! Love the denim feel :) It always makes it cozy.