Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Real Wonder Island

No, it's not a real place, but doesn't it sound good?  It's this week's Color Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  I have the privilege of Guest Designing this month and am having the time of my life.  Fun stuff, I tell you!  Julia is our hostess and she has chosen Real Red, Wisteria Wonder and Island Indigo as her colors.  I immediately loved the colors and began to think of just what I could do with it.  Then I remembered the dessert option, make it a summer garden.  Uh-oh, how do I do that without a little bit of green???  Neutrals are always okay and I didn't want to cheat at all, being a guest designer.  So I opted for summery background paper with dots or spots to fill the gaps.  A couple of rounded corners, a birthday wish and some red and white baker's twine finish off my card for today!

Won't you come play along?  Thanks for stopping by today!

Details - Stamps: Fashion Flowers (HA), So Happy For You, Itty Bitty, Backgrounds; Paper: Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Watercolor paper; Ink: Real Red, Wisteria Wonder, Island Indigo, Sahara Sand, StazOn Jet Black; Accessories: Corner chomper, 1/8" circle punch, baker's twine, aquapainter, stampin' dimensionals. 

No comments: