Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Sneak Peek and Today's Colors

Greetings!  Today I offer you a sneak peek at one of the July releases for Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Company.  I am showing it off with the  colors of the Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge.  I have colored in the cherry blossom image from Asian Delights with Pink Pirouette, Purely Pomegranate and Crumb Cake.  Purely Pomegranate is a retired Stampin' Up! color that I am substituting for the challenge color named Raspberry Ripple.  The dessert option to accompany the color challenge is tearing.  I haven't done this in ages and it was fun to do again.  I popped up a couple leaves and a blossom to add some dimension.  I also used a border punch down the right side of my card for  some more interest.  I thought the sentiment style fitted nicely with the Asian theme of the card.  It's reminiscent of a fortune cookie!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

Details - Stamps:  Asian Delights (MFP); Winter Crocus (MFP); Paper: Sweet Tooth White, Crumb Cake, Purely Pomegranate; Ink: Timber Brown, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette, Purely Pomegranate, Early Espresso; Accessories: blender pen, paper snips, MS Arch Lattice border punch, stampin' dimensionals, sponge dauber.

4 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

I love how softly you colored the cherry blossoms, and the edging of the card! Thank you for commenting on my Hawai'i card <3 aloha, Rosy

stampingbowd said...

This is lovely!!! I like the torn layers!!!

Davi said...

This is beautiful!! Love the soft colors and torn edge :)

Greta said...

Beautiful colors & I love the punched edge!