Monday, November 12, 2012

Friends and Scrapbooking


Hey there!  Happy Monday and happy Veterans Day to each and every person who has served for our country.  My grandfather is a World War II veteran so I will be calling him and thanking him personally. 
 
If you have been here before, you know that Monday around these parts is time for a new Friends of Speedy TV challenge, number 46.  Today we are all making scrapbook pages.  I am a card maker through and through, but I couldn't back down from a challenge.  I didn't do a traditional 12" x 12" page,but a 6" x 6" page that I thought I could manage. 
 
My scrapbook page revolves around my daughter who wanted to be a witch this Halloween.  I painted her face and thought I was going overboard with the crazy eyebrows until she offered up this pose before we actually headed out for her cousin's house.  In a crazy stroke of good luck, the red eye was extreme, making her look all the more wicked.  She didn't have her broom in this shot, so I stamped, colored and cut out the broom from I'm Going Batty for her page.  The Happy Halloween! sentiment comes from Vroom.  The fancy letters are from Garden Art.  My daughter's name is Raven, so I just turned the "A" from garden upside down to create my "V". 
 
Now don't forget, Mark's Finest Papers offers up a prize for each challenge.  Won't you create a page with us?
 
Please let me know what you think because this is my second scrapbook page in eight years.  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Details - Stamps: Garden Art (MFP), Vroom (MFP), I'm Going Batty (MFP); Paper: Basic Black, Snow Storm Smooth, Recollections Halloween dp; Ink: Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Circle punches, paper snips, Copic Markers, dimensional adhesive, Spellbinders Shapeabilities Spider Web.

6 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Beautiful layout!!! What a great photo!!! I thought of doing the 6x6 idea (I think it's easier to frame etc that size but in the end I wanted to use several photos so I went with the 12x12. Guess they probably don't make a frame that size!!!!

Lisa Arana said...

FABBY page and what a great costume! Love the smaller size. I might be able to do that!

Kate said...

LOVE it! Great layout. Perfect for the photo.

Janine said...

Great photo and great page - she looks as though she is heading off for some wicked fun!

Anonymous said...

Great LO!

Theresa's Studio said...

For a cardmaker, you turned out one great scrapbook page! Cute pic of the witch!