Thursday, December 5, 2013

Butterfly Essence - Mark's Finest Papers Preview Week

It's the third day of previews for the Mark's Finest Papers December release.  Oh boy!  I had fun with this new set called Butterfly Essence.  I embossed the background image in black on watercolor paper and then I went to painting!  Now, I'm not a water coloring pro, but this was really fun.  I just kept adding color until I was satisfied!  After that I die cut my circle panel and began to structure my card.  I selectively inked a portion of the sentiment and attached it below my ribbon. 
 
It was really nice to color and think about butterflies as our weather here has taken a dip.  Our temperatures are in the 20's and 30's.  I have taken out my long underwear to survive my recess duty at school.  The children continue to come outside without their coats and tell me that they are not cold.  I promptly send them back inside to get their coats and remind them I am certain that their parents would want them to have a coat on!
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
 
Details - Stamps: Butterfly Essence(MFP); Paper: Pool Party, Black Licorice, watercolor paper; Ink: Versamark, Tuxedo Black, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Wisteria Wonder; Accessories: Black embossing powder, aqua painter, Nestabilities, corner chomper, Scor-buddy, Scor-tape, black grosgrain ribbon.

4 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Toni,
Sooo pretty!! The colors are wonderful - as is the shape!

Pat said...

A lovely color.

Marisa said...

Beautifully done!

Janine said...

I love the way you have used this set. Nice design and pretty colours.