Monday, December 30, 2013

Friends and New Years with Chalk and Piercing

Welcome to Monday and a new Friends of Speedy TV challenge to create a New Year's card with chalk and paper piercing.  Today's challenge is a little more specific, like a recipe, but will turn out as unique as the individual making the card.  If you don't believe me, take a look at the samples that the design team created.  For my card, I used a sentiment and a repeated image from the New Years stamp set.  I have lots of bubbly here.  I pierced a frame around my top layer and pierced my bubbles as well.  For the chalk requirement of this challenge, I used a blender pen to color in the champagne in the glass and stem of the glass.  What you can't see is the Sakura Clear Star gel pen I used to add sparkle to each individual bubble in or above the glass.  The pen adds a bit of pizazz to a clean and simple card. 
 
Let's not forget that Mark's Finest Papers offers a stamp set as a prize for one lucky participant.  This week, the prize is a set called Easter Scene.  Here's a peek at it:
Please join us this week for a little stamping fun!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Details - Stamps: New Years (MFP); Paper: Neenah Solar Crest White; Ink: Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Mat pack, piercing tool, blender pen, Stampin' Pastels, stampin' dimensionals.

3 comments:

Janine said...

Love this card - very creative. Hope 2014 is a great year for you.

Davi said...

Very pretty, love the cas look for the new year :) Happy New Years :)

Davi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.