Monday, March 17, 2014

Friends and Altered Boxes

Good Morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day!  There will be no pinching on my blog today as I have plenty of green here.  Today's Friends of Speedy TV challenge is to alter a box.  I've been on a bit of cleaning binge around here and weeks ago I got rid of many of the boxes, tubes and other items I had saved for altering.  I was a bit stuck for something to alter so I scoured the house.  I came up with this box which had previously housed a book light.
I'm going to go ahead and keep it real here too.  Altered items are not my forte, so I kept my Scor-Pal and the Scor-Tape close at hand.  I measured first, then scored, taped and trimmed each side as I went along.  I think it all worked out just fine.  I embellished minimally with a paper tole flower from Love, Love, Love and created a sentiment flag with Holiday Tag.  I scored the leaves and knotted my organdy ribbon under the flower.  I was about to add rhinestones when my daughter suggest pearls instead.  She made a good call!
 
Let's not forget that Mark's Finest Papers offers a free stamp set to one lucky participant.  This week the mini set called Vroom is up for grabs. 
I hope you get the chance to play along!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Details - Stamps: Love, Love, Love (MFP), Holiday Tag (MFP); Paper: Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla, Walk in the Park dsp, Everyday Enchantment dsp;  Ink: Rich Cocoa; Accessories: Scor-Pal, Scor-Tape, paper snips, square punch, stampin' dimensionals, Kaisercraft Champagne pearls, Lucky Limeade organdy ribbon, Copic Markers.


4 comments:

Janine said...

You did a great job with it. Love the colours and that pretty rose

Davi said...

For not being your forte Toni you did a fab job! I love the big rose and pearls a perfect embellie :)

DJ Rants said...

Beautiful gift box, love it!!

Unknown said...

Ooh, what a great gift box!