Sunday, May 31, 2020

Scor-Pal's June More Than On Score Challenge - Masculine/Father's Day or Anything Goes

Hello Crafty Friends!! I'm back with the Scor-Pal team for another More Than One Score challenge.  The theme for this month is Masculine/Father's Day or Anything Goes. You can take your pick!  It's great to have choices, as often there is something that I need to create for.  I went with a Father's Day card this month. My husband is appreciates simplicity, so I opted for a technique this month rather than a fancy fold.
I went with a faux tile technique for his Father's Day card. It only took me four steps to create the faux tile look.  First, I scored the vertical lines and then turned the paper 90 degrees and put in the horizontal lines on my paper.  Then, I stamped and masked and stamped some more.  After that, I added a teensy bit of color and then sponged ink to make the score lines pop out.  Finally, I embossed the whole layer.

One other tip that I want to mention is that Scor-Tape works amazingly to adhere embossed paper or seriously scored paper, like I have here.  There is nothing else that works like it in my experience.

Don't forget to stop by the Scor-Pal blog for links to the other creations for this month. I hope that you will play along with this month's theme or just make something scored and amazing for us to love!  If you need some ideas or want to find some inspiration, you can check out the Projects on the Scor-Pal website or our Pinterest board.  

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Winds of Grace (SU), Best Dad Ever (SU); Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake; Ink: Rich Cocoa,  Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist, Smoky Slate, Versamark; Accessories: Scor-Pal, Scor-Tool, Scor-Tape, clear embossing powder, heat tool, aqua painter, stapler, paper snips, sponge dauber.

2 comments:

Lori m said...

Beautiful card, love the scoring detail, hugs, Lori m

fusiafscrapping said...

A very pretty card, love the background. Looks fantastic. Thank you for the inspiration...
Lots of love from Isia xx