Monday, October 6, 2008

WCMD Technique Lover's Challenge

This challenge was to use a flower on your card, a la "nested circle". I was excited about this one because I knew that I would use Unity's Humble Bloom on the card. I also knew that I wanted to do something pink and that would work for flowers. I busted into my Basic Grey Sugared dp and my Bella Rose dp and some other papers I had hanging around my craft room.

You can check out the link above for the tutorial or directions about how to make the flower. I modified the outside circle to create a petal-like look. I also attached a half-back pearl in the center on top of the brad to match my soft look. The scalloped paper at the bottom of the card is like a mulberry paper. I couldn't punch it without tearing it, so I had to draw on the scallops and then trim with scissors. That had its troubles due to the glitter circle on the paper!

After I was done and had shot the photo, I thought it looked a bit plain. It looks like it needs piercing or a row of pearls somewhere! There is always later!

Here are the details for this card:

Stamps: Hugs & Wishes, Humble Bloom by Unity Stamp Co.
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Mellow Moss, Very Vanilla, Bella Rose DSP, Basic Grey Sugared, JoAnn's Scrapessential pack
Ink: Mellow Moss
Accessories: random brad, glue dots, pretties kit, paper piercing tool, scallop & circle stencils, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1" circle punch
Techniques: Nested flowers

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

1 comment:

SusanBluerobot said...

beautiful card love your blog