Monday, October 20, 2008

Danya Comes Through!

I'm not sure that anyone loves their daycard provider as much as me(except for the parents of the other girls at daycare)! Sweet Pea has been staying at Danya's since June of last year. Danya is wonderful! She takes the kids places, celebrates special events (like going away, moving on to Kindergarten, holidays, using the potty and birthdays), and does fun arts and crafts. I could go on forever!

Recently, I was complaining that the hubby changed his fishing/camping plans without telling me and left me high and dry for one time a month girls night! This was particularly painful because the girls were planning on going out to a nice lounge and listening to a blues band. Something I could really only do with the girls as my hubby just wouldn't be into it! Danya said, "Why don't you just let Sweet Pea spend the night here?". I tell you that woman is worth every penny and then some!

So Sweet Pea spent the night and had a fabulous time. She didn't want to come home the next morning and Danya had to remind her that she would be back the next day! After Pea's nap, I had her help me make a thank you card for Danya. I had been browsing some other cards on SCS and spotted this one and decided to borrow the concept. I also used the criteria from LSC190 and a sketch challenge posted by the wonderful ladies at Our Creative Corner.

I stamped the bird image on a piece of Whisper White card stock and should have stamped the sentiment too (lesson learned). I then let Sweet Pea go at it with her crayons. It was tough to make her colors choices work into the card as a whole (another lesson learned). I cut the focal image panel out and also cut out a background panel from the scribbled card stock. On the second background panel, I tried to repeat Pea's color choices. It ended up looking really busy to me.

Of course, Danya loved and said she would like to have a couple more for herself! See what I mean about this woman!

Here are the specifics on the card:

Stamps: Zoofari, Upsy Daisy, Distress Dot Background
Paper: Cameo Coral, Yo Yo Yellow, Whisper White, Crayola Designs by Sweet Pea (just kidding!)
Ink: StazOn Black, Bordering Blue, Only Orange, Yo Yo Yellow, Orchid Opulence
Accessories: Crayola Crayons, Black MM eyelet, Sheer white ribbon
Difficulty (1-Easy 5-Advanced): 2

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: