Friday, March 20, 2009

Challenges x 3

I haven't done a Kristina Werner color inspiration in ages. Not because I haven't seen them, just because I haven't had time at the right time! So Kristina issued a challenge to create a project based on this color scheme: Basic Black, Basic Gray and Whisper White! Oh wait, that's no color! Yep, that was it!

I used a Flourishes stamp set and followed the sketch offered by Flourishes design time for Timeless Tuesday! I followed the sketch fairly directly! I like silhouettes, I think they are quite elegant. Flourishes really carries elegant products in my opinion.

Finally, the ladies at Our Creative Corner challenged crafters to "Add a Doodle" to their work. OMG, my handwriting ruins a card! So I went with a die-cut doodle. I had just recently received an order from Mandy at Limelight and had to try out my Shimmerz. I painted the Angel Wings Shimmers on my Basic Gray doodle and, voila, it shimmers. It's really hard to capture with the camera, so I guess that you will just have to take my word for it, or come by and see if for yourself;)

Here are more specifics on my card:
Stamps: Spring Ephemerals (Flourishes)
Paper: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Basic Gray
Accessories: Black ep, heat tool, Swirls die cut, oval stencil, sponge dauber, 1/8" hole punch, white taffeta ribbon, Angel Wings Shimmerz, Chit Chat rubons
Techniques: heat embossing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: