Friday, March 20, 2009

Pixie Week

This week was "Pixie Week" at school. I drew Kristen's name. She is an instructional assistant that is assigned to one child. She is new to our school, as the child is also new to our school. I don't know Kristen very well and it was fun to get the Pixie survey with her likes and dislikes.
One of the things that she likes are kitties. I just don't have very many kitty stamps because I am a dog person. But I did have this kitty stamp and a fun rounded saying to go with it! I did most of my stamping this week in the morning! I am sooo tired. I just couldn't get it together at night to go upstairs and stamp. So I offer that as the reason why these projects may seem simple!

Monday night I did bake cookies, seen here for St. Patrick's day. I was going to have a little helper, but she refused to follow directions and didn't get to help Mommy! I baked by myself and then I went upstairs to make this cute little container I saw first on Angie Juda's blog. I used some dp that I received from Jennifer Buck. She just revamped her stamping space and I think she did some cleaning. I am soooooo happy to be on the receiving end of that! I will need to repay her generosity. I will have to think of a good way to do it! She's a phenomenal stamper, so it's not like I can just send her a hand-stamped thank you card! KWIM!!!
And then I took a stamping break on Tuesday. Okay, I didn't! I just stamped cards for the SCS sponsored challenges that night. I took Kristen a vanilla latte and a pumpkin scone from Starbuck's! I found out later that she didn't have time Wednesday morning to get coffee, so she was really excited to find her latte waiting for her!But I did stamp this bookmark on Thursday morning! I used a new SU set that is only available to demonstrators at this point. (Wow, I wonder if I should be posting this on my blog?) I used fun Basic Grey Urban Prairie paper. I cut out a butterfly from the patterned paper, backed it with white card stock, painted Shimmerz on it and then popped it up off the bookmark with dimensionals. It was fun! That day, I decorated Kristen mailbox with streamers, balloons, caramel Hershey's kisses ( in Easter colors) and her bookmark!

Finally, I made this pop up gift card holder following Jennifer McGuire's instructions to hold a gift card for Michael's. Kristen likes to knit and I know zero about knitting. I figured she might be able to find something that she liked or could use at Michael's. I know that I always can!

If you want more specifics about the projects, shoot on over to my SCS gallery and read about it there!

3 comments:

Jennifer Buck said...

OH you SILLY girl! Your work is amazing! I would LOVE a card from you! :) These are just so adorable! I love them all! I'm so happy that you like the paper! :) Hope you are doing well and that you have a wonderful weekend! :) Hugs!

AJ said...

cute cards!! and thanks for commenting that you like my cas cards....sometimes I wonder if anyone appreciates the simplicity of them all!
:)

Unknown said...

all are beautiful!