Saturday, March 7, 2009

Other SCS challenges from weeks gone by

I was really pleased when I finished this card. I started this card with the Limelight Papercraft Six Chick's Sketch #15. When Limelight puts out a sketch, there is always a bit of a product challenge to go with it as well. This time is was flowers, so I used the white flowers from my Pretties Kit. These flowers always seem to stump me. I like them, but am not really proficient in my use of them! Which leads me to the next challenge that you see here.

I worked in LSC207 from SCS. The challenge here was to "stretch yourself" and use things outside of your comfort zone. I have already mentioned the flowers. The other thing that I barely ever use is my brayer. So I brayered some white craft ink on one of my new Texturz plates and ran that through my Big Shot with some Baja Breeze card stock. I love how it turned out! I finished the card with some bling!

This card came via Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday #74 for the sketch! I used the Inspiration Challenge 167, some really fun bras to work in my embellishments. I drew my color scheme from my designer paper. Finally, the challenge from Stamp Something that week was something chocolate and my ribbon and card stock definitely qualified me there!

Below are the details about these cards:






Inspiration -
Stamps: Inspiration with a Swoop (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Baja Breeze
Ink: Craft White, Basic Black
Accessories: Pretties kit, black brads, M's self-adhesive rhinestones, clear ep, heat tool, brayer, flourish embossing plate, glue dots
Techniques: embossing (dry and wet)

Hello -
Stamps: Tiny Trinity
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Afternoon Tea dsp, vellum, Whisper White
Ink: Timber Brown StazOn, Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Theater Ribbons Originals, peach satin ribbon (Joann's), stampin' dimensionals, glue dots, random buttons, blender pen

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: