Sunday, April 19, 2009

Flourishes and Verve!

I did this card for some challenges a while back. Flourishes was having a release party and a Swing into Spring challenge to do some paper piecing. I only had a couple of Flourishes sets before the party and this is the one that would work for paper piecing, so I used it! The Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge at that time was to use your favorite Flourishes set. Well, this set is why I even came upon Flourishes! My first and my favorite!
So, I got busy with a Stamps and Smiles sketch and this is the outcome. I don't want to forget to mention that great paper by Basic Grey called Porcelain. Yum! I just dressed it up a bit with my Sakura Clear Star gel pen! It lends just the right amount of sparkling!

Here is my last card in the Verve April Release Challenges. I followed sketch number three for this one, only I morphed it into an A2 card instead of a square card! I kept most everything else the same.

I have used this button/bow technique that I saw demonstrated on Nichole Heady's blog. It's really quite simple after you practice it a few times and now, I will have a use for my buttons that I have collected over several year! I think it looks really quite polished and will be using it lots in the future!


Here are the details on my cards:

Coffee card -
Stamps: Coffee With Friends (Flourishes)
Paper: Blush Blossom, Chocolate Chip, BG Porcelain
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Kaisercraft pearls, Sakura Clearstar Gel Pen
Techniques: Paper Piecing

Prayer card - Keywords: VSAPR3 verve embossing
Stamps: Prayers of Note (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, SEI Granny's Kitchen dp
Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Kraft taffeta ribbon, clear ep, heat tool, random button, linen thread, corner rounder
Techniques: embossing

All products used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: