Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!

I want to wish a Happy Easter to anyone who just happens to be cruising by my little portion of blog land! Easter is tomorrow and hopefully it will be nice. I haven't heard the weather report, but I am feeling pretty hopeful! Sweet Peas and I made it through the local community Easter Egg hunt with flying colors! She is an egg hunting champ. Of course, in her age bracket, she is only required to pick up the eggs and candy strewn about the grass. I only helped a teeny bit. I didn't pick up anything but her basket a few times. For the most part, she held her own basket and went in the direction that pleased her! And she did not want Mom to carry her basket after we were done! She elected a Cherry flavored Tootsie Pop as her one prize after the hunt and before her nap! I learned today that my daughter is a "biter". She can't just lick the Tootsie Pop (neither can I), but instead must crunch down to the center!

I suppose that is more than you ever wanted to know about Sweet Pea and I! Back to the crafts, the card above I made for several Easter challenges (Our Creative Corner, Stamp Something and Dutch Dare Card Challenge) and for a recent Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge! It was pretty simple once I got started. Did you see those sparkly yellow brads? Well they came from a fun little package from Jennifer Buck. Some of you might be beginning to think that she is my own personal craft supplier, but it is really just that she is quite gracious!

This little cutie t-shirt is going into Sweet Pea's Easter basket. I didn't have much mojo last night, even though it was a perfect night for crafting. I started thinking about the Hero Arts challenge from this week, "beyond paper". The challenge is to stamp on something besides card stock or designer paper. My first thought was fabric, but I really didn't have any great fabric options. So then I thought of stamping on a blank iron-on transfer and putting it on a plain white t-shirt for Sweet Pea. An Easter gift was born! I'll have to let you know how it washes up!

Finally you see the eggstra special spring project I did for Verve Project Parade! Where was my Mojo? Oh well, at least I played!

On this day, Sweet Pea was having a hard time following directions and got to play in Mommy's craft room! She had a ball making Butterflies with my Martha Stewart Butterfly punch! She made pink and yellow butterflies and then insisted that I remove them from her room at bedtime! "Get them out of here" was a direct quote. My goodness, doesn't everyone know that paper butterflies should not be on your bedroom carpet when you are trying to go to sleep!

Here are the specifics for my projects:
Card -
Stamps: Bunny Face (Stampendous), Sentiment (Amuse)
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, BG Two Scoops
Ink: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: So Saffron wide grosgrain ribbon, 1/2" circle punch, corner rounder, stampin' dimensionals, sparkly brads by ?, glue dots

T-shirt -
Stamps: Clear Cupcakes (Hero Arts)
Paper: Iron-on Transfer Paper
Ink: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red
Accessories: Iron, Computer generated sentiment, Hanes t-shirt
Techniques: Iron-on transfers

Box - Stamps: Floral Symphony (Verve), Sentiment (Amuse)
Paper: Confetti White tiny take out box, print pack dsp
Ink: pretty in pink, certainly celery, regal rose, old olive
Accessories: ms butterfly punch, sakura clear star gel pen, Soft subtle brads, MM wire

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: