Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Two I Gave Away

I went to a cousin's baby shower last week. She is due to have a baby boy in May. I couldn't go shopping for a gift with my grandmother, mother and sister, so I made the card. They all were excited about that. I took Sweet Pea with me to the shower and she helped hand the gifts to the mother-to-be. Some of my cousin's on that side of the family are quite crafty, mostly in the sewing department, and took an interest in my handmade card. It really felt nice to have someone appreciate the work.
I incorporated a few challenges onto this card. I used the Stamps and Smiles sketch, the Our Creative Corner color challenge and Sharon Johnson's challenge to use different patterns together.
This card I made for my girlfriend's birthday celebration. Don't know why, but I always seem to make cupcake cards for her. She has never complained, but she wouldn't ever (she has better manners than to do that)! My girlfriends all know that I create cards, so they can appreciate the handmade quality of this card.
Of course, I worked in a bunch of challenges on this card too. I used a sketch from Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge, a pretty little dress from Inspiration Challenge on SCS and ribbon for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge.

Here are the specifics on each card:

Shower card -
Stamps: Goody-Goody Gumdrops
Paper: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue print dp
Ink: Basic Black, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue
Accessories: 1/4" circle punch, soft subtle brads, aquapainter, (Joann's thin satin ribbon)
Techniques: watercoloring

Birthday card -
Stamps: Cupcake (Hero Arts)
Paper: Whisper White, Regal Rose, Bella Rose dp
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Going Gray
Accessories: Sakura Clear Star gel pen, Stardust Stickles, Rose grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, Swiss Dots embossing folder, oval stencil
Techniques: embossing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

These are wonderful! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!!!