Thursday, August 11, 2011

Using Heat!

Hooray for Thursday again!  It's another Way's To Use It challenge and I am this hostess this time around.  This challenge is all about What's Hot!  Players should use heat somehow in a technique or use an image that generate heat, or somehow get creative with heat.  My sunset here represent heat fading with the sinking sun and then I heat embossed my wheat silhouette over my sunset. What do you think?  I also decided to incorporate Flourishes Shades of Sunset challenge into my card today.  I patterned this sunset after one I saw last weekend from my daughter's bedroom window as I was tucking her in.  The sunset had the most amazing purple cloud that streaked through the sky.  I studied the cloud quickly and tried to remember the colors I saw in the sky. 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day!

Details - Stamps: Beauty In Nature (Flourishes), Tag Lines (Flourishes); Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Glossy card stock; Ink: So Saffron, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sky, Bordering Blue, Night of Navy, Elegant Eggplant, Versamark; Accessories: Black ep, heat tool, 1/8" black taffeta ribbon, glue dot, stampin' sponges, Nestabilities, stampin' dimensionals.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow beautiful cards... was sent here by CPS! You have amazing talent!

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! This is just gorgeous. Love the black accents!! Hugs, michelle

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card! I LOOOOVE that sunset, awesome bg and I love the silhouette you've created by using black for the image. Lovely card & Thanks for popping by my blog!