Saturday, May 31, 2008

Always Kristina

Here is my latest interpretation of Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #10. This was fun! I have been dying to ink up my Always set since I got it. Every time I tried to use it, it just didn't fit until now. I like it! My poor BFF has wanted to borrow it and I just couldn't let it go until I gave it a try. (Ask me now Amy!)

Anyway, here is the inspiration piece that Kristina provided from Pottery Barn. The corresponding SU colors are Old Olive, Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Not Quite Navy and Whisper White.



I used Whisper White card stock for my card base. Then I layered some Bashful Blue on top of that. The next layer is Watercolor Paper. I created a background a la Lisa Spangler. I used my Water Color Crayons (NQN, OO, SS & BB) to draw the stripes and smeared them around with my Aquapainter. Fun and easy!

Then I stamped the bird image from Always in StazOn Black ink. I had to fill in the gaps due to textured paper with a Black Stampin' Write marker. Then I applied the Making Memories Friendship rub-on sentiment. I tied a 1/4" white ribbon from a local craft store (Michael's or JoAnn's) around the watercolor layer and then tied a knot in it. It just didn't look quite finished. So I stamped the same circle flower image from Always two times each in Not Quite Navy, Old Olive and So Saffron ink. I punched out the center with a 1/4" circle punch and then cut out the larger circle with my papersnips. I used two-way glue to stick the circles together. Then, I popped up the circles with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Hope you like it!

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

2 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

I love this affect! So cool!

Deanna said...

Wow what a background, great card!