Saturday, May 31, 2008

Never leave ink pads open!


Isn't that rule number one! Rookie mistake and I paid for it. Of course, I was nearing completion of the card and I dropped the card, face down, on the ink pad. So I dutifully moved by sentiment to cover the largest boo-boo. Let me know if you can tell!

I made this card in conjunction with the challenge issued by No Time to Stamp?. The challenge is to use black and white and one other color. I chose orange. I never use orange so I thought I would try. The idea came to me when I was breaking down the box of Pepperidge Farm goldfish crackers. I went for it!

The base card is Whisper White card stock and I put three score lines down at the base of the card (probably not visible in the photo). On top of that is a layer of Only Orange card stock. Next is a layer of Basic Black card stock and then another layer of Whisper White card stock. I stamped the fish image from Very Punny five times in Black StazOn ink. Then I used my Watercolor Crayon in Only Orange to color in the fish and I moved the color around with a blender pen. I sponged around the edges of the white card stock with a cotton ball and Only Orange ink.

For the sentiment, I stamped "Best Fishes" in Black StazOn and then used my cotton ball to apply the orange ink. I punched out the sentiment with a small oval punch. I punched out a piece of black card stock with a large oval punch. I glued the small oval on top of the large oval and punched holes in each end with my Crop-a-dile. Then I used the Crop-a-dile to secure the orange color eyelets from Making Memories.

I was going to attach the sentiment underneath the image with black ribbon, but , oops, I dropped my card on my open ink pad. So, I moved the sentiment up above and mounted it on Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I took my Only Orange marker and colored a White ribbon from JoAnn's. I tied it around the bottom of the card and secured it with a knot.

All products Stampin' Up! unless otherwise specified.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

moving the sentiment to "cover" is definitely a skill every stamper should memorize. cute card