Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Cupcakes for Sweet Pea


Sweet Pea will be "2" in five days! So.....she and Kristina and a pair of pajamas are the inspiration for this card. Inspiration can be wacky! Kristina Werner brings the color choices for the card with her Color Inspiration #9. The fact that Sweet Pea is having her birthday necessitates a "birthday" card. Finally, Sweet Pea's friend, Ryan, has graciously gifted her with hand-me-down jammies with cupcakes all over them and this inspired the design. I am not sure that this will be the birthday card that she receives from us, but it might be. That will depend on how the rest of the party prep goes. It is impossible to have a small family birthday party in our house. I think we are having 19 for a late lunch on Sunday.

I won't bore you with my woes. Instead, I will get on with the details of the color inspiration. Below you see the image that Kristina Werner pulled colors from this week.
They are Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise. I felt like the majority of the inspiration piece was in the turquoise and saffron so I tried to use those colors on my larger pieces.

I started with a card base in Tempting Turquoise card stock. On top of that I layered a piece of Real Red DSP. I tied a random white ribbon from Michael's? around the bottom of the DSP, knotted it and used an Old Olive rub on from Love and Happiness (SAB) rub ons. Above that I layered a piece of So Saffron card stock. I punched 1 3/8" circles from Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Pumpkin Pie card stock. Next I stamped the cupcake image in Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Pumpkin Pie ink on Whisper White card stock. I punched them out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. Then I used those same three colors to make the sprinkles on the cupcake and the inside dotted circle on the Whisper White circles. I used the three colors in all three cupcakes. I'm not sure how to explain this clearly (I think that is why one says, a picture is worth a thousand words). Finally I mounted the cupcake circles on Stampin' Dimensionals to give it some lift!

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

1 comment:

Becky said...

This is a great card! I enjoyed it.