Sunday, June 1, 2008

Asian Lantern Thanks

First off, I need to give credit where credit is due. I cased this from Julie Ebersole of Paper Trufflez. She does some really FUN stuff. I just had to have one of my own! So I changed up the sentiment and the colors, but otherwise it is about the same.

I used Groovy Guava card stock for my card base. I stamped the bamboo image from Embrace Life in Wild Wasabi on Wild Wasabi card stock. I overlapped one edge of the Wild Wasabi with a thin strip of Basic Black card stock. Next, I constructed my Asian Lantern. I stamped Blush Blossom card stock with a flower branch image from All Night Media's Japanese stamp set in Groovy Guava and Old Olive. I ran the card stock through the crimper and then punched it out with a 1 3/8" circle punch. I trimmed off the top and bottom of the circle (perhaps a bit too much). Then I attached the Basic Black card stock at the top of the lantern.

I pierced two holes in the black card stock. I threaded a needle with Gold Cord. I knotted one end and brought the other through and then knotted that end (if that makes sense). I attached a gold brad to the Wild Wasabi card stock and "hung" my lantern. Then I adhered the black/wasabi bamboo piece to the card base. I attached my lantern with Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Artfully Asian in Basic Black on the card base.

No comments: