Saturday, June 21, 2008

Unforgettable Frog!

I will be so sad when this set retires in August. It's very fun and perfect for little people and of course, Sweet Pea is a little person! I'm sure that I will get over it and find another set that is current and works for that need. Oh well!

Sometimes I take inspiration from the image itself or the lines in the image. Today I felt inspired by the colors that Kristina pulled from this piece:
It's a table setting from MoMA!

I used Whisper White card stock for my base. Next, I layered on Sahara Sand card stock. I topped it with a piece of Wild Wasabi DSP. I stamped my frog image from Unfrogettable in StazOn Black on Whisper White card stock. I used my SAMJ to place the crown upon his head. Then, I took my blender pen and picked up Wild Wasabi ink to color the frog and So Saffron ink to color his crown. I stamped the sentiment from Unfrogettable above him and cut the image down to size. I mounted the image on a slightly larger piece of So Saffron card stock and then glued it down on the DSP.

I took a thin white ribbon that I have in my drawer (I think from JoAnn's) and colored it with a So Saffron marker. Then I wrapped it around and knotted it! I glued the whole works down on the base card and called it good! I am very satisfied with the finished product. My out of town guests were impressed that I could crank it out in the time that it took them to get showered.

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments: