Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Delight"-ful Dreams

I've been away dreaming of all the wonderful cards that I want to make. Doesn't everyone do that? I also had to prep for a card party over last weekend that one of my girlfriends hosted. Not to mention, this is the last week of school and all the children are going bananas and the teacher are exhausted and have very little patience. This equals lots of work for yours truly!

I did have time to eek out this card. Have you seen this website? There is some beautiful work to view and some fun challenges. This card is from the Stamp Simply Challenge #38. The challenge is to use a solid image stamp. I cut my production time down from about two hours to about 30 minutes! Whoohoo! Plus, I am happy with my final product.

Here are the specifics about the card. I used River Rock card stock for my base. I layered a piece of Brushed Gold card stock on top of that. I cut the next layer from a Provo Craft dp called Heritage Post. I stamped the flower image from Art of Life in Basic Black on the dp with Basic Black ink. I needed to use my Basic Black marker to black out parts of the silhouette (it seems that the solid image didn't ink up completely, but was pretty forgiving). I attached the dp to the Brushed Gold card stock and tied the greenish gold ribbon from Theater Ribbon Originals around the card stock. I secured the knot with a glue dot. Next, I stamped the Wordsworth sentiment in Basic Black ink just above my ribbon. Finally, I attached that piece to the card base. Done!

All products used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

No comments: