Friday, July 31, 2009

Divine Details...

well, not so much for me. Yes, for the Verve Divas, but I don't pretend to so talented. Instead, I just have a good time!

This month's Verve Project Parade is about sharing the details of your creative process. So....I took notes as I made this card. It was really interesting, like most of the Divas, I didn't really think I had much of a process. Here is a little insight into how I came up with my card:)

First, I started with a sketch - this week's Mojo Monday sketch. It looked good to me and I had been looking for a sketch with a circle focal image to use with the "Fun Is Good" stamp from Beautiful You. Next, I picked out some "fun" patterned papers to go with my stamp. I went with a piece of striped Cherry Hill from October Afternoon and a distressed solid from Basic Grey's Urban Prairie.

After I got that all settled, I decided how I would change the elements of the card that didn't work well for me from the sketch. I traded the circles for the punched stars with self-adhesive metal stars on top. I changed the rectangle for a knotted ribbon to fill the space and separate the patterns. Finally, I swapped the photo corner punch (because I don't have one) to rounded corners.

I stamped my image in Basic Gray on Whisper White paper and then cut it out with my Nesties. Then I hand cut a slightly larger circle on Basic Gray paper with the help of a circle template and my paper snips. Then I decided I would make my card base white with a gray mat for my patterned paper.

I rounded the corners and colored my image with a blender pen, picking up my ink out of the lid. Here is where I goofed first. I meant to grab Pumpkin Pie ink, but I grabbed More Mustard. Never fear, I just colored with Pumpkin Pie over it. After I looked at my colored image, I decided it needed more red. So, I sponged Riding Hood Red around the edge of the circle with my sponge dauber.

Then I laid it all out. It looked fine, so I glued it down and tied my ribbon. I popped my focal image up on Stampin' Dimensionals and glued my stars down with glue dots. All Done! Oops, not quite. My ribbon knot moved, so back to my craft desk I went. I got my knot in place and took half of a mini glue dot on my craft knife and slipped it under the knot to hold it there. Now, I'm done!

Here are the details:

Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, OA Cherry Hill, BG Urban Prairie
Ink: Basic Gray, Not Quite Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Nestabilities, circle template, kiwi kiss satin ribbon, star punch, self-adhesive metal stars, glue dots, stampin' dimensionals, corner rounder

6 comments:

Susan said...

Cute card! I love how you matched your image colors with your dsp!

Kim said...

Really pretty! Thanks for sharing your Divine Details.

Kristina said...

What a cute, cheery card! I love that one curved corner and the star brads! Thanks for sharing your divine details with us!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing your details and playing along in our parade! :)

LeAnne said...

OOh, this is a fun card! Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!!! :D
LeAnne

Heather T said...

Cool, pretty and fun, I love this bright happy card