Friday, July 24, 2009

Hip Hop Thursday Strikes Again

I made this card for Jeanne's Stamp and Go challenge for Hip Hop Thursday! The challenge that was issued here was to use a line art image and not color it in or paper piece it. I was trying to do something creative with the challenge, so I stamped the image in craft white on vellum and stitched it to the same size piece of black card stock. I call that my chalkboard effect. I couldn't just leave it alone, so I added 4 little pink rhinestones to the center of each flower on the coffee cup!

I was running out of time, or so I thought, so I just added my buttons with mini glue dots. Next time, I will leave myself enough time and time some thread or floss through the button holes! I think my button look a little naked!

Here are the details:
Stamps: Hodge Podge of Happiness (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, vellum
Ink: Craft White
Accessories: mat pack, paper piercing tool, needle and thread, random buttons, mini glue dots, white organdy ribbon, M's self adhesive pink rhinestones
Techniques: sewing

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

1 comment:

Teresa Kline said...

awesome card, great work!

enjoy *~*