Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fun SCS Challenges with Unity

I used my Unity stamps this week in the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday SCS challenges. This card is the Sketch Challenge and one of the Hip Hop Thursday challenges. Since this week is CHA, Christi challenged crafters to use the acronym, CHA, to make their card. On this card, C = Coloring, H = Holes and A = Adore (make the card for someone you love).


I doubled up of this challenge too! I used the CAS sketch challenge and this week's color challenge. I like the way this one turned out. I used an ancient Simply Scrappin' Kit that had been collecting dust. I used a Unity sentiment set called Simply Said (not to be confused with the SU Simply Said set!) Thank goodness that the paper was marbled because I goofed and was able to fix it.



This last card was for the CAS sketch challenge. I really like the way this one turned out with the double-sided ribbon that matched my color scheme. Of course, this one is flawed too because Sweet Pea kept coming into my craft room and distracting me. I pressed too hard with the adhesive on the back of the main panel and tore the paper a bit! Argh, 3 yo's!

Here are the details for the cards:

Owl card -
Stamps: Hodge Podge of Happiness (Unity)
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Cosmo Cricket Mr. Campy
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, River Rock
Accessories: Blender pen, paper piercer, mat pack, stampin ' dimensionals
Techniques: paper piercing

Flower trio card -
Stamps: Simply Said (Unity)
Paper: Whisper White, Pixie Pink, Island Blossoms Simply Scrappin' Kit
Ink: Certainly Celery
Accessories: Apricot grosgrain ribbon, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: CAS

Cupcake card -
Stamps: Mix Up of Cuteness (Unity)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Candy Lane dp
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown, Pink Pirouette, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: M's double-sided satin ribbon, MAMBI bling, Red Sharpie
Techniques: CAS

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: