Saturday, August 15, 2009

I {heart} Verve in August

So Verve had it's second Anniversary and Julee posted 5 sketches for crafter's to play with. I had a ball. I did all of the sketches out of order. This is a bad photo (taken at night)of the 5th sketch, to which I added stitching for Verve Diva Jackie's challenge to add stitching! I hand stitched because I am too chicken to get my sewing machine up and running. You know, it is probably just like all of the other things that I put off. It will probably only take me minimal effort and I will forever wonder why I delayed!


This is the 4th sketch, but the first card I made. I made it for my daycare provider's daughter who just turned 11. I needed it to be fun and sort of tween-y. This was the best I could do. I think she liked it, but I know she liked the cash inside the card best! I'm really fine with that. Her mom really liked the card, especially the sentiment, and asked me if I would make more! Hooray, card sales! I don't know what this fun paper is, it was sent to me by Jen Buck. She was ridding herself of some of her scraps, which I happily accepted!



This is the first sketch, which I ended up doing last. The three circles just stumped me! I wanted to do something original, but didn't. I used my Martha Stewart Butterfly punch. It's a handy punch I tell you. If for nothing else than the pure entertainment value with my three year old! I really like the look of those Art Flowers from Hero Arts combined with the Kaisercraft pearls! I will have to try that one again.

This is sketch #2 and maybe not my favorite of the whole bunch. It's probably because I drew on it. When I try to draw on my own card or write on the face of the card, it loses a whole lot of appeal for me. I do like the background papers and the sentiment. Maybe my ovals should have been larger to accommodate the sentiment better and take up more room on the card?

This last card is the third sketch. I combined it with Verve Diva, Amber's challenge to create a birthday card since Verve turned 2 this month. I like how this one turned out. It was kind of hard for me to cover up some of the flowers I stamped and colored. Maybe next time, I would make the scalloped circle out of vellum to allow more of the flowers to peak through.
My bow looks a little funky, but at least the center is tidy looking!






Here are the details for each card:

Birthday circles -
Stamps: Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Parisian Breeze dp, Print Patterns dsp
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Nestabilities, sponge dauber, circle template, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, needle, thread, kraft taffeta ribbon, mini glue dots, stampin' dimensionals
Techniques: sewing, sponging

Fun card -
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze. Mystery dp (gifted to me by a friend)
Ink: ? Black, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Gable Green, Green Galore
Accessories: American Crafts spring ribbon, two way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, stampin' dimensionals, Nestabilities, circle template

Small Miracles -
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red, Bella Rose dp, Candy Lane dp
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Nestabilities, MS butterfly punch, Sakura clear star gel pen, Kaisercraft chocolate pearls, HA Art flowers, mini glue dots

Two roads -
Stamps: Beautiful You (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Sand, BG Mellow
Ink: Basic Brown, Certainly Celery, River Rock, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Oval template, Nestabilities, stampin' sponge, aquapainter, Heidi Grace brads
Techniques: sponging

Pink Birthday -
Stamps: Floral Symphony (Verve), Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White, Regal Rose, Sweet Always dsp
Ink: Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky
Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, blender pen, stampin' sponge, stampin' dimensionals, mini glue dot, Sakura clear star gel pen, M's pink satin ribbon
Techniques: sponging, masking

All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise posted.

No comments: