Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back on the Wagon


Whoops!  No post for two days.  I guess I got a little busy and then a little tired.  I'm going to chalk it up to the first week of work and getting back into the groove.  I made this card for the Etsy Inspired Challenge this week and chose this darling little eye pillow as my inspiration!

Part of my busy weekend was attending a first birthday party in honor of the son of some good friends.  As you can see, I really was in a hurry and could even stage my picture like I normally do.  So....there is no way for you to know that I use my versamark pen to color over the balloons and clear emboss so that they would be shiny. 

As his mother was opening our gift, she told me again how much so loved the handmade cards I had given to her a couple of years back.  She is down to just one.  I guess it's time for me to make some more cards for her!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have had a restful weekend!

Details - Stamps: Changito Solo (Stampendous), Warm & Fuzzy (GKD), Birthday Whimsy; Paper: Whisper White; Ink: Soft Sky, Old Olive, Basic Brown, Brilliant Blue; Accessories: WCC crayons, blend pens, versamark pen, clear ep, heat tool, torn post-it; Techniques: CAS, sponging, masking, embossing.

6 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love that texty landscape ... adorable inspired card.

Queenie said...

OMG!!! The texty little grass and monkey are sooo perfect! Simple and clean meet cute and fun! Thanks for playing EIC this week!

de said...

Love, love, love the sentiment in the grass! What a cute monkey card!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Jenny Gropp said...

SUoer cute-- love the "Stamped" grassy hill!!!

Jenny Gropp said...

that should be SUPER!!!
typo!

Virginia L. said...

SOOO adorable! Love the little birday hills and the monkey, of course! Thanks for joining the fun with us at EIC!