Friday, March 25, 2011

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge







The Papertrey March Blog Hop focuses on embroidery floss this month.  I attempted (and this is a first attempt) to make french knots where the berries would go in this fabulous wreath! 

I gained a new respect for all the embroidery that my mother does when I was fighting with those little knots!


I went clean and simple for this one.  I didn't have much time this afternoon!  I only used three layers on this number and I'll definitely be trying this again soon! 

I have to tend to my sick little on now.  Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: A Wreath for All Seasons (PTI); Paper: Confetti White, Cherry Cobbler; Ink: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler; Accessories: embroidery thread, needle, stampin' dimensionals.

10 comments:

Katie Gehring said...

Your card is lovely. Thanks for taking a couple minutes to share.

Jen Carter said...

This is really pretty!! Love the design you used!

Monica K. said...

Very pretty!!

Call Me Crafty Al said...

tonight was my first time for french knots as well - I think they might become addicting :)

Love the clean, crisp look of your card and how you stamped the sentiment in the two ink colors. TFS!

farmhouse-story said...

i just did a card with french knots--they are harder than they look:) love your sweet card!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Well done on a Christmas card, love the CAS style.

Suzstamps said...

Love your card. I did something very similar. That wreath just cried out for French knots! Hope little one is feeling better soon.

Ohhh Snap said...

Great card, never to early to get a start on Christmas either :D. Hope your little one is feeling better. TFS!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

A very pretty holiday card. I like the French knots on this as it gives the image some depth. TFS!

nancy said...

One week later and I'm still hopping. French knots and that wreath are meant for each other. I understand your frustration with the knots; that's my least favorite stitch.