Monday, May 31, 2010

VSN, Haiku and Mud

I know it's a strange title, but it covers most of the bases.  This card came about during VSN for a challenge that Faith issued.  The challenge was called Muddy Water.  The task was to create a card with watercolors and a good amount of brown.  I decided on yellow-orange flowers because I thought they looked like marigolds.  I had them already stamped on watercolor paper, so I just slopped on a few colors and found some matching retired SU paper to back it up.  I decided to mat the whole thing with brown and use brown to accent the piece.  I like the way it turned out!

I used a current sketch from Taylored Expressions to start off my card.  VSN would be painful if it weren't for all the fabulous sketches that are available!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Echoes of Kindness, Fall Flair; Paper: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Very Vanilla, Watercolor paper; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Apricot Appeal, Groovy Guava, Tangerine Tango, Versamark; Accessories: gold ep, heat tool, aquapainter, 1/4" circle punch, vintage brads, wide chocolate chip grosgrain, scor-tape, stampin' dimensionals, glue dot, distressed stripes ef; Techniques: embossing, watercoloring.

No comments: