Thursday, June 16, 2011

Using It!

It's Thursday again and time for a new Ways To Use It challenge.  Today, I am the hostess and I challenged crafters to use vellum!  I first fell in love with vellum and the elegant look it can create via Laurie Schmidlin.  

I followed a Card Patterns Sketch to make this one.  The panels are little difficult to see because they are vellum, but I think you can see the lines of the stitching that follow the edge of the papers.  I doubled up the vellum under the sentiment so that the sentiment would be easier to read and not so distracted by the cool floral paper underneath. 

After I finished my ribbon treatment, my card still looked a little plain, so I spiced it up with some clear rhinestones that I colored pink with a Sharpie.

On a personal note, I took my daughter to her first track meet yesterday.  She had so much fun competing and there were swarms of other children.  She did the long jump, the 50 meter hurdles, the 50 meter dash and the 100 meter dash.  She held her own for her very first time.  The most important part...

she got a ribbon.  Well, she got three ribbons.  Every child got a ribbon and every child was made to feel good about their participation.  The local parks and recreation department put it all together with local business sponsors.  She loved it so much that she wants to compete again next week.

Card details: Stamps: Watercolor Trio; Paper: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Prima Annalee dp, vellum; Ink: Versamark; Accessories:white ep, heat tool, white satin ribbon, M's rhinestones, pink sharpie, scor-tape, stampin' dimensionals, large oval punch, scalloped oval punch, needle and thread. 

No comments: