Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Miniature Winter Wonderland sketch challenge

I hostessed a challenge over this weekend at VSN (Virtual Stamp Night).  My challenge was called Miniature Winter Wonderland and it was a sketch challenge.  This was the very first sketch I have ever drafted.  I think I did okay for a first time.  I based my sketch on the idea of a snow globe.  My little girl keeps snow globes on her desk all year long.  I can hardly blame her, they are magical.  So for my card, I added a fabulous frosty guy, colored up lightly and dotted the whole globe with my Sakura Stardust gel pen.  Of course, it's hard to see in the photo, but in real life, it really sparkles!  I recently saw this older designer paper used on a winter card and thought it was totally appropriate.  I love that design looks like multicolored snowflakes.
I hope everyone is having a Happy Tuesday and thanks for coming by!

Details - Stamps: Warm Winter Wishes (Flourishes), A Season of Celebrations (Flourishes); Paper: Whisper White, Sahara Sand, Delicate Dots dsp, Certainly Celery dsp; Ink: Stazon Jet Black; Accessories: Watercolor pencils, SU jewels, Sakura Stardust gel pen, white taffeta ribbon, Nestabilities, stampin' dimensionals, glue dots.




3 comments:

Beate said...

Lovely card!
Hugs and smiles

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! This is soft and pretty. Great snowman card :-)

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I love this done in the springy and pastel shades! So cute!