Monday, December 5, 2011

Silhouette Monday

That's right, silhouette Monday with the Friends of Speedy TV.  Today's challenge is to use a silhouette on your card.  I couldn't resist this new image from Ice and Snow.  This is a set that will be released this month by Mark's Finest Papers, A Heinrich Company.  Isn't it gorgeous, don't you just wish that you could take a stroll down that moonlit lane with your sweetie and hot beverage of your choice?  It's doing it for me!!!

I sponged my sky first and masked out my moon.  Then I stamped my trees and lined the path and some branches with my Versamark pen.  Finally, I embossed the Versamark with some Iridescent Ice embossing powder to give it that magical sparkle that snow really does have.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will play along with us this week!

Details -  Stamps: Ice and Snow (MFP), Greetings of the Season mini (MFP); Paper:  Basic Black, Whisper White; Ink: Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Tuxedo Black, Versamark; Accessories: Iridescent Ice ep, heat tool, scor-pal, stampin' dimensionals.

In case you are still with me...I wanted to add a proud Momma moment.  My mother and I took my daughter Christmas dress shopping and she was less than patient.  However, we did end up with a cute dress.  I goofed up the photo a little, but I also like black and white photos.  In real life, the sash and a third of the sparkling polka dots are red.  The other two-thirds of the polkas are silver and the rest of the dress is black.  She will finish the rest of her ensemble off with a black velvet shrug and some "Dorothy" shoes.  Thanks for indulging me!


4 comments:

Benzi said...

Toni, that is a fabulous card. Wow! This is truly a dreamy scene. You did big!!!!

And, your little girl is a doll. Oh, I love polka dots. She is sure to be the star of the show in that dress and 'Dorothy shoes'. Thanks for sharing this.

pinkstampergirl said...

Oh my goodness, this card is very gorgeous. Love the scene you made, it's absolutely wonderful.

Marlena M. said...

Your daughter is beautiful! ;)
Wow, the scene you created is amazing.

farmhouse-story said...

love the scene on your card, and how sweet your daughter looks in her cute dress! she looks so much like you:)