Friday, March 5, 2010

New Tricks from VSN

This is a new trick I tried during VSN. I actually goofed it up, but it still looks okay.  I read about this on Susan Raihala's blog, Simplicity.  I used some wide sticky strip and layered my ribbon on diagonally.  Then I trimmed it with my sewing scissors (not that I do a lot of sewing).  I think the original directions regarding this include a wrap around to the back so that there is no fraying!  This is a first attempt folks!
Believe it or not, I have never glittered an entire image panel.  I admit that I was a little hesitant so I went with a small image panel.  This was perfect for use on the latest CPS sketch :)  I have used my heat and stick powder before, but I really had never achieved this kind of effect before.  It is shockingly sparkly with a yum factor of 10!  The photo just doesn't do it justice. 
Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Card 1 -Stamps: Baroque Motifs; Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink; Ink: Green Galore; Accessories: AC Uptown Khaki ribbons (x3), ? flower punch, Kaisercraft chocolate pearls, Chatroom rub-ons, wide sticky strip; Card 2 - Stamps: Watercolor Minis, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Paper: Whisper White, Mellow Moss, YoYo Yellow; Ink: YoYo Yellow, Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Mellow Moss, Versamark; Accessories: Eyelet Border punch, heat & stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds, white organdy ribbon, Swiss dots ef, stampin' dimensionals.

No comments: