Sunday, March 7, 2010

Remember the 80's?

Do you remember those shirts that had rainbows on them that spread from sleeve to sleeve?  I sure do.  When I finished this card, that is what I remembered from 5th grade.  Jeannie Stone and Jennifer Hunter had those shirts too.  I think my memory is improving with age, is that possible?
Enough reminiscing, my card is for the Limelight Papercrafts sketch challenge with the additional challenge to use paint on your card.  I used my watercolor crayons and my aquapainter to paint my rainbow.  I dried it with my heat tool and then stamped my sentiment.  I distorted the sketch a bit so I had to put both of the additional elements on my main panel.  I embossed on my black layer, but it's hard to see.  Maybe click on the picture to see if it shows when enlargened.  A pretty simple card for today.  Maybe I will get bonus points for having "paint" in my sentiment (wink, wink).

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: The Artist in You (Unity), Distressed Dots (Unity); Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black; Ink: Basic Black, Versamark; Accessories: WCC, aquapainter, 1/8" circle punch, orange grosgrain ribbon, stampin, dimensionals, clear ep, heat tool.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Yeah, you totally deserve extra credit points for the word "paints" in your sentiment!! This is genius! Going to feature your card tomorrow! :)

Christi said...

Oh, wow!!! Your card is amazing! I love the gorgeous rainbow you painted! What a fabulous card!