Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tin Ceiling Tiles?

This card and design sort of remind me of them.  How about you?  I made this card for the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS.  The stamper chosen for this week's honor was Mutnik and I cased this card.  I also worked in a Stamp 2 Spend color spotlight challenge for silver.  I had a ton of fun making the flower.  I punched out two daisies and curled them over my bone folder until the paper started to separate.  Then I carefully peeled the layers apart from the outside, leaving the center attached.  I added the silver pearls to the center of the flower and stuck the two punched daisies together with a glue dot and then mounted the whole thing on my card!  I wanted a little sentiment, so I stamped the "happy birthday" and punched it out with the word window punch.  It looked a little plain by itself, so I backed it up with another word window punch in the cocoa.

Thanks for looking!

Details - Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes; Paper: Blush Blossom, Close to Cocoa, Brushed Silver; Ink: Close To Cocoa; Accessories: Mat pack, piercing tool, silver gel pen, M's silver pearls, word window punch, edge distresser, finial press ef, daisy punch; Techniques: embossing, paper piercing, faux stitching.

No comments: