Saturday, March 27, 2010

Piecing My Way to Fabulousness!


Moxie Fab-ulousness, that is!  Alright, a girl can dream :)  I put together this little number for a few challenges.  As my introduction suggests, Cath is hosting a paper piecing challenge on the Moxie Fab blog!  I pieced these fun flowers from Verve with some gradient colored paper from SEI.  Verve's project parade this month is called Fun With Flowers.  Verve flowers are beautiful and I couldn't resist making this fun flower pot card.  I'm sure that everybody and their brother has made it, but not me!  I had to try.  It was fun!  Lisa Henke of the Limelight DT put up a pleating tutorial in honor of National Craft Month, so I scored, punched and pleated my white paper in order to make it look like eyelet lace.  Does it?  Caardvarks is hosting a challenge to use lace on your card.  Do you think my homemade eyelet lace qualifies?  I'm not sure, but I think I could get some points for thinking outside of the box!

Thanks for stopping by!

Details - Stamps: Feel The Sun (Verve); Paper: Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, SEI Mimosa; Ink: Basic Brown, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa; Accessories: paper snips, scallop edge punch, eyelet border punch, celery twill tape, scor-tape, sponge dauber, stampin' dimensionals.

3 comments:

CreativeMish said...

Very pretty! I love those pretty paper flowers. Great colors.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, this is adorable! Gorgeous colors, and the pleated paper lace is perfection!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Toni! Thanks so much for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)